Differentiated Teaching Online Course
Set your school up for success!
This online course is specifically designed to support and mentor teachers to:
- Understand and identify the needs of all learner types
- Undertake screening assessments to determine those with additional learning needs
- Understand underpinning cognitive weaknesses and how these affect student achievement
- Develop knowledge of accommodations and what supports can be put in place for students with identified needs
- The 7 key needs of at risk learner groups and how to implement them
- Differentiation, programmes, resources and teaching strategies
- Individual and group learning plans
- Monitoring achievement: Pre tests – quality intervention – post tests
This course is for all teachers to enhance classroom practice, identify at risk learners and raise achievement for all learner groups. Learn how to understand and support children with dyslexia, dyspraxia, children on the autistic spectrum, children with ADHD and those with visual and auditory processing disorders. The course focuses on teaching for diversity which includes the needs of Maori and Pasifika as well as supporting learners with English as their second language. Differentiated teaching supports all learner groups in classrooms.
Classroom teachers have a year to complete the course at their own pace. 2-3 hours additional work per week can be expected alongside your normal classroom teaching role. Course content will be delivered through the online platform, worksheets and practical activities. Each participant will be focussing on the needs of students in their class and implementing programmes, strategies and resources to meet those identified needs.