Teacher Aide Online Course
Set your school up for success!
Teacher aides will be supported and mentored to raise achievement and work?alongside SENCOs and class teachers in literacy and numeracy programs.
This?online course will guide you through:
- Understand learning difficulties and differences
- How to identify characteristics of students with learning difficulties not yet diagnosed
- Supporting learners with dyslexia, dyspraxia, those on the autistic spectrum, children with ADHD and those with auditory and visual processing disorders
- Understanding the 7 key learning and teaching needs of at risk learners
- Providing support, strategies and resources for at risk learners Implementing effective tutor programmes in:
- Oral language
- Understanding underpinning cognitive weaknesses and applying accommodations to support students.
This ?course ?is ?for ?all ?teacher ?aides ?to ?enhance ?classroom ?practice, identify ?at ?risk ?learners ?and ?raise achievement for all learner groups. ?Learn how to understand and support children with dyslexia, dyspraxia, children ?on ?the ?autistic ?spectrum, children ?with ?ADHD ?and ?those ?with ?visual ?and ?auditory ?processing disorders. ?The course focuses on teaching for diversity which includes the needs of Maori and Pasifika as well ?as ?supporting ?learners ?with ?English ?as ?their ?second ?language. ? Differentiated ?teaching ?supports ?all learner groups in classrooms.
Teacher aides have a year to complete the course at their own ?pace, starting at any time of the year. 2-3 hours ?additional ?work ?per ?week ?can ?be ?expected ?alongside ?your ?normal ?classroom ?role. Course ?content will be delivered through ?the online platform, worksheets and ?practical activities. Each ?participant will ?be focussing on the needs of students in their class and implementing programmes, strategies and resources to meet those identified needs.
Included in the package:
Access to the online course for 12 months from registration
Mentoring and email support
Attendance at a face to face course run closest to your region
The cost of the programme for individuals wishing to register in the programme in 2020 is $975.00 plus GST.
Group discounts and course packages are available on application
Schools will be invoiced once registration is received.
All training days include morning tea and lunch. Certificates of completion for curriculum vitaes will be issued to all attendees for course completion and programme implementation.